JEE Main 2019 in Detail
Introduction and Scheme of Examination
The ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established a National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization for conducting transparent, efficient and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions
The Department of Higher Education has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) (Main) to the NTA from 2019 onwards. Admissions to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI), and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
The Paper-1 of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if they are aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the IITs.
About JEE Main 2019
The JEE Main 2019 will be conducted twice a year before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have the following benefits
- This will give one more opportunity to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they didn’t give their best in the first attempt without wasting the whole academic year.
- In the first attempt, the students will get an experience of taking an examination and know mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This helps reducing chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List for Ranking.
The first attempt at JEE Main 2019 will be held in January 2019 and the second attempt will be held in April 2019.
However, the test will be held on different shifts and dates in both the attempts.
The NTA will release the application form of JEE (Main)-2019 in September 2018 for the first attempt and in February 2019 for the second attempt as well.
The result of the first attempt of JEE (Main)-2019 will be declared by 31st January 2019 and by 30th April 2019 for the second attempt.