A JEE dropper? These do’s and don’ts will help you in your JEE 2020 preparation.
Cracking JEE is the dream of every engineering aspirant, but only a few get success in this highly competitive examination. Students leave no stone unturned to ace the JEE exam to get admissions in the top engineering colleges in India. The increasing number of aspirants has already taken the competition to a new level.
Annually, around 12 lakhs students appear for JEE Main exam out of which only 2 lakh students qualify for JEE Advanced. This could be due to various reasons that include regular classes, lack of right guidance, and lack of motivation, etc.
Edignite, in this article, provides you a list of dos and dont’s of JEE preparation for droppers. Ensure that you make the most of your drop year and start your preparation.
Do’s of JEE preparation Droppers
Here is a list of things that JEE dropper should do.
- Stay confident and start your JEE 2020 preparation with a positive attitude.
- Understand the exam pattern well and make an effective study plan for JEE 2020.
- Solve previous year’s JEE papers to get a better idea about where most of the questions are being asked.
- Strategize your study plan, apply time-saving methods to solve complex problems, and stay confined to the JEE syllabus.
- Make the right choice of books with the study material and previous papers to practice within the limited available time.
- Focus more on the basic concepts as 80% of JEE questions are based on the basic concepts.
- Make regular revision a habit to avoid forgetting important concepts.
- Make a thorough analysis of your JEE preparation to understand your weaknesses so that you can put more effort into those topics.
- Seek advice from your peers who scored well in the previous JEE exam.
- Get adequate sleep during JEE 2020 preparation as good sleep results in a relaxed mind and better concentration.
Don’ts for JEE preparation droppers
Below is a list of things that JEE dropper should not do.
- Don’t overstrain yourself while preparing for the JEE exam. Just stay calm and focus on your planned schedule.
- Try to not get bored with the JEE syllabus as you might lose interest and feel demotivated to study.
- Don’t give up your hobbies because restricting only to studies during JEE preparation may end up with frustration.
- Don’t study for long hours continuously as it causes tiredness and restlessness.
- Don’t waste your time, talk less, and relax more. Utilize your time wisely to furnish your JEE 2020 preparation.
Edignite hopes that the given tips for JEE preparation for droppers would be of great help in acquiring a good score in the JEE 2020 exam.
Good luck with your preparation!