Students mostly go to coaching centers because they don’t want to lag behind in the race to crack JEE and NEET exams. Unlike tutions, coaching classes are considered to be essential for students who need extra help.
However, it is said that coaching for engineering and medical entrance exams works best if you start it early. Many students enroll in coaching from class 9 onwards, but coaching for JEE or NEET really required in class 9? Why do coaching centers offer admission from such an early age, and is it better to keep it off till class 11 or 12?
To understand this, Edignite, here helps you know the pros and cons of coaching in class 9 and class 11.
Why should you opt for JEE/NEET coaching from class 9?
- Taking coaching for entrance exams at this age helps you to develop logical and analytical reasoning skills, which are useful in preparing competitive exams/
- You will be better structured with the future course you have to study.
- Coaching centers provide an environment where that drives students to work harder and promotes a dedication towards a goal.
- With more time to grasp lessons at coaching institutes, understand the logic behind concepts and clear their doubts, students can also solidify their learning, and develop a greater understanding.
- Students will have enough scope and time of revision and practice.
Is it too early to start Coaching from class 9?
- Coaching is worthwhile only if the student is particularly about Engineering or Medicine as their career path. If the student is not clear about these career paths, it is much better to gain clarity first before they enroll in the coaching classes.
- High school is a very crucial time for a student’s emotional, social, and personal development. Such type of holistic and personality development may be hampered if the child spends time attending coaching and studying for competitive exams.
- Coaching classes and exams take most of the student’s time, hence the involvement with the school is very limited. The academic and social life at school gets affected when they are occupied with the coaching classes.
Why Should you opt for coaching from class 11?
- With coaching classes beginning from class 11th onwards, students have more time to participate in other activities and build their skills and personality.
- This also gives students the opportunity to expose themselves to multiple careers before settling down for one.
- By the time students enter class11, they have a better knowledge of different career paths and the scope of these careers. Such awareness makes it easier for them to choose the right fit for themselves.
- When students have a thorough understanding of the career paths, they are much more confident about their decision which motivates them to work harder.
- Age maturity puts students in a better position to evaluate whether they are comfortable with coaching and if they can manage the time, competition, and hectic schedule.
Is It Too Late To Start JEE or NEET Coaching From Class 11?
- Having just crossed the milestone of choosing a stream, they need to cope with advanced syllabus and coaching which become an additional burden for students.
- Starting coaching from class 11 may put the student at a difficulty compared to the student who has started the coaching early. They might need to work hard to inculcate study habits and their level.
- Students who begin coaching from class 11 will only two years to complete the entire syllabus and get less time for board exam preparation which might affect their scores.
So, when is the right time to start coaching for competitive exams?
We at Edignite suggest that the right time for JEE or NEET coaching depends on the student’s ability to handle the academic pressure, a hectic schedule, their clarity about their career goal, and their comfort with tutored learning.
In addition to coaching following our tips to prepare for competitive exams can help students crack the exams easily.