Successful Study Tips for Online Learners
Are you new to online learning? Welcome. Learning online is a fantastic way to increase your skills and knowledge in a flexible environment with its own distinct strengths and opportunities.
Whether you are trying online classes for the first time or looking for ways to strengthen your approaches, there are a few key areas to consider to set yourself up for success. Edignite, in this article share tips and strategies, to help you succeed in your online learning journey.
Self-care is very important to your successful online learning experience. Follow the simple tips to ensure self-care while learning online.
- Advocate for your learning needs: Ask for the flexible ways of participating in an online class that works for you.
- Schedule breaks: Get up and walk, go outside and schedule your distractions, but don’t forget to move.
- Maintain healthy habits: Eat a well-balanced diet, take enough rest, get adequate sleep, and stay hydrated
2. Time Management
One of the biggest benefits of learning online is flexibility. Find the ways below to optimize your time when learning through online and keep the learning on track.
- Set aside time for learning: This doesn’t mean you need to find four-hour blocks or three days a week. Make a plan and dedicate time for online learning as would spend on the important activities.
- Track deadlines: Add important due dates to a calendar to finish the concepts so that you don’t miss the important deadlines.
- Minimize distractions: Minimize all your distractions both in your physical and digital environment. Keep the Tv off and close the web browser windows that are irrelevant to your learning.
3. Learning Strategies
To get the most out of your online learning, make sure you develop new skills and knowledge in a way that you can retain and adapt to new contexts.
- Make your learning stick: To ensure your newly learned skills and knowledge stick with you, it’s important to repeatedly practice skills, apply knowledge in different contexts, especially as you practice and apply in new settings.
- Video Strategies: For recorded video, pause and write a brief note every few minutes of what you have heard. For live video, especially if the video is available to watch later, avoid taking notes and focus on it.
- Use Video break-out groups: These live and small group discussions will give you a chance to hear other perspectives or review the material as a group.
Nailing the details of your online learning experience can pay back dividends. Follow the ways suggested below.
- Make relevant information easily accessible: Collect the phone numbers, email addresses, and all support links for your institution in one place. So when you need it you don’t have to go searching.
- Gather your tech: If your online classes require video conferencing software, download the app, and test well before a live lecture begins.
- Minimize reliance on wifi: If possible, use an ethernet connection and download course materials to work offline.
5. Community and Social Learning
Online learning comes with connections to both professors and passionate classmates. Find the ways below to connect with rich learning communities from participating in forums to networking with peers.
- Virtually interact with your learning peers: Introduce yourself, answer to the questions posted by the instructor in the discussion forums, and respond to your peers’ posts as well.
- Create a social network group: In addition to forums, create a distinct space, such as Whatsapp group chat, for you and your classmates to connect to share interests and support each other.
- Create virtual study groups: Keep the line open and find different ways to connect with your learning peers in small online study groups.
Edignite hopes that these study tips for online learners have been useful for you. In case you need more information, visit our website.