How to choose a college when there are thousands of engineering colleges in India? It is definitely a great confusion to choose when you have many options. So here we have listed some of the important points to keep in mind while choosing college.
- Infrastructure:College is a second home for students and every student looks forward to have wonderful college life. Infrastructure is the most important factor while choosing a college because Infrastructure does not only mean a good looking building it means classrooms, administrative building, workshop, computer labs, various laboratories, hostels, canteens, library, internet, gym, sports facility etc. Proper infrastructure helps in practical knowledge of students through experiments conducted on hardware and software. While choosing particular stream of engineering one should emphasize on the laboratory infrastructure of college to conduct the practical & experiments in their respective courses.Visit the college website to know the information.
- Faculty:Spend some time reading about the faculty and their academic and industry experiences.Always have a look at college faculty which includes professors, reader, lecturer, teacher-student ratio, visiting faculty, teaching experience etc.
- Placements: This is the most important factor while deciding a college. It is depended on many factors by infrastructure, faculty, facilities provided by the college to its students, college rank, past performance of the students in the company, and last but not the least individual talent and personality and many more factors. Have a look at past placement record of college, branch wise, as well as company wise. So keep all these things in mind while deciding the college.
- Extracurricular & Co-curricular activities: “all work and no play makes a dull boy”, This stands true because not only do you have to study but you also have to survive in a competitive environment and for that, you have to be an all-rounder. Extra and co-curricular activities play a very important role in your personality development. So you should have look at extra activities provided by college like technical fests, annual function, sports function, students club, seminars and workshops, industrial training, social activities, NCC, NSS etc.
- Location:If the college is nearby any industrial or software hub then it may be useful to you as your industrial training and placement is concerned.